To most people, the security and comfort associated with government jobs are the main reasons to opt for these professions compared to the hectic schedule of corporate lifestyles. The prestige, comfort and security of these jobs still remain the deciding factors when opting for a job.
Although the glamour associated with private sector professions have taken its root in the last couple of decades, it is the government that still continue to be an important employer in providing jobs. The recession that gripped the country in the past few years, leading to layoffs and salary cuts in the private sectors further strengthened the belief on the government sectors.
Advantages of government jobs
There are certain advantages associated with administrative jobs PPSC jobs . These are:
· The workload and pressure to perform is less with administrative professions compared with the private sector.
· Holidays and vacation times with these professions are undeniably more.
· Individual performance or economic times hardly affect job security in these jobs; in spite of a bad economy or poor personal performance, the position and salaries of employees remain stable.
· A good number of life-long benefits are offered by government like healthcare, housing, provident fund and pension.
However, government jobs have their own short-comings and it is unfair not to mention the advantages of private jobs.
· The duration of getting into administrative jobs is longer whereas, in private sector the hiring process is much shorter.
· The methods and processes of induction are still traditional whereas with the private sector, it is a dynamic and matured process as the latest technologies are applied.
· The income is limited to the job grade and pay scale whereas there is no limit on the earning potential with private jobs.
· Private professions are target driven which is not to be found with government jobs.
With the damaging recessions receding, the employment scenario is once again regaining its lost ground with more and more jobs being made available everyday across the country both in the government and private sectors. The positive signs could be found in almost all the sectors of IT, Hospitality, Marketing, Aviation, Education and Sales.
The Availability Of Government Jobs
There are different kinds of government offices offering varied types of jobs. Hence plenty of jobs are available offering administrative jobs to the masses. However, the latest government jobs that are in huge demand are in the administrative, management, financial, and executive levels. All these jobs come with a fat remuneration offer along with perquisites that make these professions all the more admirable and sought-after among aspirants.
Individuals having the necessary qualifications and experiences may opt for these opportunities that are available in the government units as they have good social reputations, not to mention the huge monetary benefits associated with the jobs. Hence for a secured and lucrative job, government jobs still remain an unparalleled choice among job aspirants.